Short Description: Services to securely enable employees’ use and management of mobile devices and applications in a business context.
Full Description: Given that most organizations and governments are adopting a ‘mobile first’ strategy, the management of mobile devices and applications as an enterprise or work tool is becoming crucial. Enterprise mobility management (EMM) services usually encompasses mobile device management (MDM), focusing on device-level control and security; mobile application management (MAM), focusing on applications management on the device; and an enterprise app store or other self-service portal, used for applications delivery and deployment.
Other Names: Enterprise app store, Mobile device management (MDM), Mobile application management (MAM)
Key Digital Functionalities:
- Manages mobile devices at the enterprise through a single management console functionalities
- Sets policies and configures settings by integrating with APIs built into mobile operating systems; an agent app is installed on the device to enforce these policies
- Sets policies for a specific app or subset of apps, rather than for the whole device
- Limits access and transmission of corporate data to approved applications only
- Controls how, when and where workers may use corporate apps and data
- Offers some user-friendly features, such as single sign-on
- Captures geolocation of devices
- Adds, updates and removes applications remotely from a device or group of devices
- Wipes data or blocks device access in case of theft
- Provides a dashboard with information on usage metrics as well as information about where devices are, with whom, and which applications are being used
- Allows the download of only enterprise-approved applications on mobile devices from the enterprise app store
- Prevents unauthorized access to enterprise applications and/or corporate data on mobile devices
Examples of use in different sectors:
- Agriculture sector:
- EMM services are used to remotely manage and control devices used by agriculture extension workers to add, update or remove applications and to manage field workforce
- Health sector:
- EMM services are used to remotely manage and control devices used by community health workers to add, update or remove applications and to manage field workforce
You must login before you can view / post comment.